Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

First KZ1300 2 years 8 months ago #29594

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
If you search this site on the subject of the fuel solenoid valve,  you’ll find that quite a few owners suggest removing the device permanently due to reliability issues.  If you do the same, it is subsequently important to turn off the fuel tap on the tank when parking the bike, to avoid the possibility of flooding a cylinder ( and potentially the crankcase too) if a carb float valve leaks.  The fitment of a vacuum operated fuel tank tap is a worthy consideration, and would help avoid the aforementioned issues. If , however, you want to retain the solenoid, the Kawasaki KZ1300 factory service manual has instructions for testing it, and a picture of the installation.

I’m not speaking from experience on the subject, just from what I’ve read on this forum. My 1300, bought years ago as a restoration project, awaits my attention when/ if I can find a place to use as a workshop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First KZ1300 2 years 7 months ago #29623

• BlueGrassTornado
  • BlueGrassTornado's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, still have a tank on the way but picked up another 79 and 80 over the weekend, now I have the Tri-Fecta!  79 will be brought back to like, 80 is a bit rough and may just part that one out.  13 hour round trip to Michigan to get these beauties yesterday!  
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds