Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

DEEP SUMP (Oil Pan) Details 10 years 2 months ago #1905

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Just to add further: My '80 1300 (sr.# KZT30A-009997 Canadian) has "5.3" cast into on my clutch-case and having owned it since new I can confirm the 5.3 is correct. My fuel-tank holds 19 (Canadian/imperial) litres. Just finished re-calibrating my fuel-gauge and needed to fill and empty the tank a few times so the 19 litres to within 1/2" of the bottom of the fill neck is accurate. Took another look at the deep-sump option but I only have 1/2" of vertical space between it and the DG header collector. I am sceptical the deep sump will fit. ( my drain-plug faces forward).
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

DEEP SUMP (Oil Pan) Details 10 years 2 months ago #1926

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Mike, I'm going from memory here about the sump etc. David Ewing had posted pictures on the old forum of the voyager sump and header pipes to show how they attached on the voyager- maybe his own bike. Maybe the parts diagram may show the difference between the header pipes mounting system of both models or there could be owners here on this forum that own both bikes and could take a look.
Voyager parts don't come up on ebay that often, but the oil pan I saw several weeks ago was around $150.00.
I've wonder too if anyone has bought the weber carb conversion-- it does give several choices now -stick with what you have , convert to the voyager fuel injection or six carbs from Japan.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

DEEP SUMP (Oil Pan) Details 10 years 1 month ago #1960

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
When I looked I remember thinking that the voyager pipes and sump were cheaper or easier to find than the kz equivalent which was why I was looking into it at the time. If that allows me to fit a voyager sump which is also available right now on ebay then that could be a pretty big plus!

When I googled weber carbs it looks like they are used in Jeeps and the like so parts would likely be readily available. One of them on ebay can vary in price but can be had at 250ish new for a dual barrel one. Kind of cheap in my opinion.

DEEP SUMP (Oil Pan) Details 10 years 1 month ago #1962

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
MikeZ

Interested to know how it goes when you get around to doing that WEBER carb mod.

There was a bloke in the early 80's close to where I lived as a boy who had a Z1300 & modified it to take two WEBER carbs........god know how !

The local bikers met at a cafe out in the open & he would go past at silly speeds...........with 2 foot orange flames coming out of each exhaust.....pretty impressive thing to see I can tell you. !

Pete F
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

DEEP SUMP (Oil Pan) Details 10 years 1 month ago #1964

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Haha yeah that sounds badass indeed! Whilst googling this mod I did come across someone who had two weber carbs set up and I really liked the way he did it because those two dual barreled carbs were affixed to the engine with very short mounts instead of a 6 into 2 pipe. I'll have to find the pictures again and post the link.

Without a reasonable way to machine/source the carb to motor mounts it might be out of reach for me. Will keep looking though.

DEEP SUMP (Oil Pan) Details 10 years 1 month ago #1965

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Ok yeah I found it wasn't as hard as I thought lol :).

www.autoshoppingcenter.com/classic/parts/fiat_kawa.html

The carbs/intake manifold would be that's needed but the manifold looks to be specially made. Anyone have the gumption to contact them about it? lol

from the site:

"this engine # RZT30AE 012796 will do the job : 6 cylinder, 1300 cc 127 horses

and to give a little more pep. : we install two 42DCOE Weber Carburetor with a very special / computerized intake manifold

If you need a engine like this, for your project , please contact us"

Last edit: by Mikez.
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds