Sort Results by
Search at a specific date
Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for: Marvel mystery
29 Apr 2019 09:12
  • StanG
Sea Foam cured my GL 1100 from eventually running on 2 - 3 cylinders. My Vmax 1200 was cured with Sea Foam as well. It was misbehaving. I didn't do the 'shotgun' (I thin that's what you perhaps did), but disconnected the pump, connected a small funnel, filled it with Sea Foam, and let the engine suck it in until it dies. I let it sit overnight, drained the bowl, and repeat one more time. Done! Smooth as a whistle. That's 4 years ago. I've been using Sea Foam periodically as a preventive measure, and I am still running the same carbs, never removed for cleaning - because they don't need to! I used Sea Foam on KZ1300 a couple times. Not sure what it did, but my carbs are clean so it was just a thing to do. If there was something in there, definitely adding it didn't hurt!

Recently adding Mystery Marvel 0il, I soon felt improvement in all three bikes. They run much smoother. Also, like I said earlier, Sea Foam didn't clean any carbon in the cylinders, and they had the expected after use carbon build up on top of the pistons. After the 0il treatment - they look clean as installed yesterday. Same spark plugs - no carbon on them.

So, my system from now is adding the expensive Sea Foam once in a while, but using the Marvel Mystery 0il on a more regular basis. It's much cheaper and does a great job. Definitely, in terms of lubrication as well, cleaning, and not just cleaning carbon deposits. Who knows, based on experience Sea Foam did good deep carburetor cleaning, so I will be using it with that in mind.
Category: Daily Chatter
29 Apr 2019 04:26
  • strate6
Thanks for interesting replies and Stan's interesting comparison !

We have not been able to get Seafoam in the Uk until recently so I have ordered some now an will be using it soon on the 1300 carbs.
I have also seen Marvel Mystery Oil used on many USA TV Series (CCC Wayne Carini etc) and it seems to be very well thought of too..........and only recently it has become available on Ebay UK, so intend to give that a try too in the near future.

I have tended to stay clear of "wonder fluids" and all their claims and promises in the past until I tried BG44K some years ago in a Vmax V4 1200 with a hesitation on idle...........and after using it for a few miles it really did fix it 100%.......so maybe there are additives / fluids out there that do have a real purpose and help with blockages and general internal carb condition ?

Thanks again
Pete F
UK (or whats left of it).
Category: Daily Chatter
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 results.
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds