Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Looking for Feedback of 'Wild George' carbs? 1 year 7 months ago #30643

• dcarver220b
  • dcarver220b's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
I've been in contact with Mike Nixon of  motorcycleproject.com fame, to see if he's interested in rebuilding/refurbishing my KZ1300 A1 carbs. He is not, more of Keihen guy, and rolling back work load to enter semi-retirement.

Mike did recommend Wild George, George Lesho, of Wild George Carbs . Mike says George is well known for Kawasaki carbs. Talking on phone with George and doing some internet sleuthing shows he has a nice sized building in the middle of bum phuck nowhere, Mico, Texas , and is 70 years young. His website is a bit clunky, but he does ask the right questions on the 'order form' such as exhaust system, engine mods, oem airbox, elevation, among others. 

Also stated he had to buy a carb kit, as the 'large float bowl gaskets aren't available'.

Has anyone heard of WG, done business with him? Quality of work? Turn around times? Anything? 

My carbs are currently flawless, starts easy and pulls to redline strong. Just want to refurbish while a) parts are available b) someone still is alive to work them so they will last another 10-15 years. By then I'll probably not care, LOL.

Tx,

Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking for Feedback of 'Wild George' carbs? 1 year 7 months ago #30645

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I can/have laser cut the float bowl gaskets in regular gasket material.  I have no idea what I would need to charge for them though if people wanted them.

I have also prepared design files for all of the gaskets that are just slightly under the size of an A4 sheet off paper.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Looking for Feedback of 'Wild George' carbs? 1 year 7 months ago #30647

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
"My carbs are currently flawless, starts easy and pulls to redline strong."

I appreciate your rational but....... from experience:  "If it ain't broke - don't fix it

It's a bad feeling when you have to say to yourself:  "I wish I'd left it alone !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ted, PaulD

Last edit: by scotch.

Looking for Feedback of 'Wild George' carbs? 1 year 7 months ago #30650

• Ted
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Ditto on leaving it alone!  My Suzuki's got 107,000 on the odo, the carbs of which I don't dare touch because she still screams like a banshee.
1981 KZ1300, '98 Suzuki GSF1200S, '80 Honda CT110, '11 Honda CBR250, '75 Honda CL360, '00 Honda XR100R
Speak softly and mount a fast bike.

Looking for Feedback of 'Wild George' carbs? 1 year 7 months ago #30655

• dcarver220b
  • dcarver220b's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Yeah, I know. Might be foolish of me. But fearless forecast is more ethanol percentage in future, so would like to have new, not 43 year old diaphrams, o-rings and whatever else is in them jugs.
...and if Mike Nixon recommends, well, I'll take that advice.

FWIW, sent my $699 to WildGeorge and will post back results.

Don

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds