Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kz1300-A1 1979 (black) For Sale 1 year 10 months ago #30276

• SteveSmith
  • SteveSmith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
undefined My 64 year old hip has finally thrown in the towel making this bike unrideable for me now.

Its now in storage as I just moved house so viewing by appointment only please, in Clacton UK.

I’ve done a ton of work on this bike including:
Clutch & cable, coils & leads, fork brace, rear brake master fixed, replacement Radiator and pipes etc

The bike has had whatever it’s needed with the intention that I’d be using it on sunny days into my dotage.

Over the winter it’s been having a general fettle ( clutch actuator taken off, cleaned and sealed up again, then changed the left side control switches for nicer ones) on my bike ramp, but on rolling it out of the workshop the oil light stays on when cranking.

I checked the wiring and have renewed the pressure switch to no avail.

When it went into my workshop at the end of last season it was running really nicely, I actually rode it onto the bike lift.

It’s had no engine related work performed on it since last rode so there’s reason to blame the engine itself per se.

My next step would be to drop the sump, check the pickup and so on to make sure no crap had settled while it has been stored. When I first got the bike I also managed to get a later model high capacity sump to fit (when I had time) so that would be the obvious one to put on.

This a great bike in really nice honest condition, I paid a real premium to get a good one, but now has the above problem to be fixed.

I won’t have time (or hip) to work on the bike over the next year so it now needs a new enthusiast.

Photos available of course.

No serious, realistic, offer refused. Otherwise it’ll sit in the garage ……

Steve

1979 KZ1300-A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kz1300-A1 1979 (black) For Sale 1 year 10 months ago #30279

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
That’s a shame.  Is there no hope that your hip will improve?  Failing that, how about parking the 1300 in your living room as an ornament?  

Kz1300-A1 1979 (black) For Sale 1 year 10 months ago #30280

• SteveSmith
  • SteveSmith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Unfortunately old age has taken its toll and combined with the weight of the z1300 I’m calling it a day.
She who must be obeyed would take a dim view of it as an ornament and I’m too scared/sensible to even ask….
As I live on the coast I’m also considering advertising it as a boat anchor.
1979 KZ1300-A1

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds