• Page:

TOPIC:

1982 KZ1300 for sale in Nevada 2 years 7 months ago #29716

• Raygun
  • Raygun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
This one's mine! I made the decision to go ahead and sell it. Bought this bike in 2016 from the original owner who bought it new in Colorado back in 81. Bought with 13,907 miles and it now has 23,406 miles but the speedometer broke (internals are shot) about 400 miles ago. Maintenance includes carb cleaning and hex head bolts for the carbs, stainless steel brake lines front and rear, replaced the factory fuse box with a spade fuse one, inspected cam chain tensioner and adjusted valves, front and rear tires have been replaced a couple times, replaced fork seals and oil, always ran Rotella 15W-40 in it and it burns some oil, maybe a liter every thousand miles, and other periodic maintenance. The bike has always run great and I've never had problems with it outside of a broken clutch cable which has since been replaced. Some scratches and dents on the tank and a some scratches on the front fender, the rest of the bike has typical wear from use. I have a spare taillight for it and I think a clutch cable but I'd have to check. 

I really enjoyed riding this bike and it never sat unridden for long but I've lost interest in it and am looking to get something else to relight my motorcycling fire. I'm asking 6,000 USD for it and can possibly meet someone somewhere for sale within the US.

Let me know what you think even if you aren't interested in buying such as tips on additional pictures or information. If I don't get bites here or locally, I'll end up listing it on eBay or something similar. Thanks!

1982 KZ1300
2003 KLX400SR
1999 KDX220
Wife
Son
Daughter
Cat x 3
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1982 KZ1300 for sale in Nevada 2 years 7 months ago #29717

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
It looks superb. The Vetter luggage suits it too.  I really hope it goes to somebody who'll love it.

1982 KZ1300 for sale in Nevada 2 years 7 months ago #29729

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Hate to see another kz1300 member selling off but I understand. Good luck with sale!

1982 KZ1300 for sale in Nevada 2 years 7 months ago #29769

• Raygun
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
If I had the money and space then maybe I'd keep it but I want/need a commuter bike and selling the KZ will help get me there. Any ideas what website might be best? Cycletrader?
1982 KZ1300
2003 KLX400SR
1999 KDX220
Wife
Son
Daughter
Cat x 3

1982 KZ1300 for sale in Nevada 2 years 7 months ago #29770

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Have you considered eBay?   You could put a reserve on it.  It would get good exposure.

1982 KZ1300 for sale in Nevada 2 years 7 months ago #29778

• Raygun
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Sold! The guy I sold it to exports bikes to Japan so she'll be going back to where she came from. It's bittersweet but I'm happy to know it won't be chopped up into  a "Cafe racer" (God those people suck, worse than the junkyard sometimes for these bikes) or sold for parts. Some collector will hopefully take great care of it and restore it to it's former glory. 

Thanks to everyone for all the help through the years. I should've contributed more but I learned a lot and I was able to get a bike running that had sat for 10+ years. On to the next adventure!
1982 KZ1300
2003 KLX400SR
1999 KDX220
Wife
Son
Daughter
Cat x 3
Attachments:

Last edit: by Raygun.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds