TOPIC:

KZ1300A1 (1979) For Sale. UK 4 years 2 months ago #25821

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
The time has now come to sell my 1979, KZ1300A1.
This bike is in remarkable "Time Warp" condition with only 16k genuine miles recorded.
I am the 2nd owner, the 1st owner was an elderly gentleman in Arizona who bought it brand new in 1979.
I have all the USA Title and UK V5 documentation for the bike in my own name and addess to verify mileage etc.
It was part of his private collection of 70's and 80's muscle cars and bikes, so very rarely ridden, hence the low mileage and stored in a dry warm environment all its life.
Other than the obvious consumables such as tyres, fluids, brake pads and battery etc, the bike is 100% original right down to the paintwok and full factory exhaust system.
The bike only has one blemish, which is a small flat spot on the underside of the L/H Silencer which has been present for many years and a few very minor marks, as expected for a 41 year old bike, but nothing to spoil its unbelieveable condition. This year it is applicable for FREE Road Tax and MOT Exempt due to being over 40 years old.

If you look at Ebay UK, you will see similar KZ models with similar and higher mileages for between £9000 and £12000, which I feel are unrealistic and not representative of the current true UK value of the model (which is why they havent sold) so I am pricing mine at a very honest and realistic £7,000........no offers. Looking at the images of the others, mine is as good or even better then the very low mileage one at £12000.
I had to look around for 3 years at many "so called" good examples before this one came along and I had to snap it up as a result as they are rarely available in this condition at any price.

PLEASE ACCEPT THIS MESSAGE IN THE RIGHT CONTEXT.........

If you are a genuine cash buyer looking for a superb original example of this model, then please MESSAGE me through this site with your details and email address and I will send photos when I take them soon..........so please only contact me if you are a genuine cash buyer looking to buy this type of bike now, as I dont have time to send photos and details to anyone who just wants to see the bike, or compare, of for idle curiosity purposes, I am just too busy.

Thank you
Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by strate6.

KZ1300A1 (1979) For Sale. UK 4 years 1 month ago #25822

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
Sorry to see you are parting with this bike Pete. May I ask if you have another project bike in mind?

KZ1300A1 (1979) For Sale. UK 4 years 1 month ago #25824

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Jim,
No projects planned and sold my ZRX1200 recently too.
Just dont have time for 2 bikes at the minute and its a shame for this one to just be sitting in the garage not being used as its a superb example.
Maybe consider something else for the summer once this one goes, but it will be something much newer which requires less love and attention !

Pete F
UK

KZ1300A1 (1979) For Sale. UK 4 years 1 month ago #25826

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
How about a naked K1600GTL ?

KZ1300A1 (1979) For Sale. UK 4 years 1 month ago #25827

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Haha,
Something on those lines, but the one that is in the sights for now is the ZZR1400

Pete F

KZ1300A1 (1979) For Sale. UK 4 years 1 month ago #25848

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds