Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mystery Oil Light 1 year 11 months ago #30225

• SteveSmith
  • SteveSmith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Well I fitted the new pressure switch and that made no difference.
I’ll now go back to the work I did before, take the clutch actuator cover off and look for anything obvious.
This bike is very hard to love (or even like) now.
1979 KZ1300-A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mystery Oil Light 1 year 11 months ago #30226

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

Well I fitted the new pressure switch and that made no difference.
I’ll now go back to the work I did before, take the clutch actuator cover off and look for anything obvious.
This bike is very hard to love (or even like) now.

Did you check the continuity of both the old switch and the new one before installing?  Unlikely but it's possible both switches could be faulty.   Also wondering if the wire could be shorted and the act of pulling it on and off the sender is 'relieving' the short (i.e. making it appear that the sender is the issue).

Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Mystery Oil Light 1 year 11 months ago #30227

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
So you did your little test and pulled the pigtail off and the light went out. That tells me that your problem is either the oil pressure switch or no oil pressure. You changed out the oil pressure switch for a new one and the light is still on. So the only thing to do at this point is pressure test with a gauge and see if you have oil pressure. The chance of a faulty new pressure swithc would be uncommon but not impossible.
Given the choice, I would prefer a pressure gauge rather than an indicator light. At least with the pressure gauge, you can see the changes in oil pressure and that tells a story. All the indicator light tells you is "good to go or stay home"

Last edit: by Kawboy.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds