Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Piston rings 2 years 6 months ago #29868

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
It has literally been like HOURS now and no updates? Come on, slacker, get to tickling the ivories with an update?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Piston rings 2 years 6 months ago #29869

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
I'm pleased to announce that the IMD rings have arrived......In Toronto, at customs .......and now waiting for "Brokerage Clearance".  First time in 22 years I've had to deal with a third party stickin' their hands into my pockets.........and not for a happy experience !
Took 1 week for the  order to be processed, shipped and to arrive in Canada.  Now  an additional week sitting in a Canadian warehouse waiting for some douche-bag to stamp a piece of paper and assess me a "processing fee",  on top of the $44.00 I paid to IMD.  

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Piston rings 2 years 6 months ago #29870

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Read somewhere that good things take time? I call El Toro Poo-Poo, but that's what I heard...

Piston rings 2 years 6 months ago #29871

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
El Toro Poo-Poo

More like "Non legitimus Taurus Carborunduum "   (  Don't let the bull-shit grind you down )

I can no longer continue to wipe, dust, clean or polish  all of the bits and pieces awaiting assembly.  I think I'm already down to 1200cc

Piston rings 2 years 6 months ago #29872

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Maybe if you service your "timing advance unit" it might  help pick up the pace.

And if it might make you feel better, I ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick back on July 29th and as of today, it's still not scheduled for production, never mind held up in customs. I'll be lucky to see it in January. I ordered a hybrid version and apparently the EPA hasn't given it a fuel mileage rating so it can't legally be sold until that's complete,  I believe Ford has delayed production on the hybrid until the EPA rating has been complete. I may end up having to take an Ecoboost powered Maverick just to get a vehicle. 

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Piston rings 2 years 6 months ago #29876

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
WELL:  "Let the the bells ring out and let the banners fly"...the rings arrived !

But wait:  There's more !
$44.00 postage from Great Britain.  No problem.  Today: Another $47.26 C.O.D. charges !
Total Value:                  $262.59us
 GST:                            $  31.55
Plus brokerage fee         $15.00
And just to yank the testicles one final time; $0.75 GST on the brokerage fee !  

But wait:  There's more.  The "driver" doesn't take cash.  Credit card or cheque ! 
But wait:  There's more. 
The UPS driver can't process a C/C, on site. 

Me:  "So how am is supposed to pay by C/C?"  
UPS driver:  "I will write down your C/C  info and it will be forwarded to the main office in Vancouver". 
Me:  "Ah.....NO.  I'm not having my C/C info floating around a a piece of paper being handled by strangers!"
UPS driver:  "  You can go on line and pay by C/C  but I can't leave the package today until that payment has been confirmed."
Me:  So: you can accept a cheque and leave the package but you have to come back tomorrow with it if I give you my C/C now?"
UPS driver:  "Sorry" !
more back-n-forth retoric........for another 5 minutes.......
sigh
So I wrote a $^&*$'g cheque. 

NOW: If I was a complete asshole I'd cancel the cheque, call back UPS,  re-wrap my old rings and tell UPS to send them back.  IMD has been paid for the rings so no harm there.  This way UPS would know what it feels like to have a package pulled out of their ass ! 

$100.00 cam chain form Australia - No additional fees.
$600.00 set of valves from Australia - No additional fees.
$130.00 LISKA  CCT sprocket - No additional fees.
Just the tip of the "iceberg" for parts, over 41 years.
First time for this nonsense.

Last edit: by scotch.
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds