Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Solenoid Removed, Seeking Fuel Filter Recommendation 2 years 6 months ago #29829

• Ted
  • Ted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
It looks like my fuel solenoid went kablooi (that's American for 'broken') on my '81 A3.  I now have the 3/8 fuel line routed directly to the carbs, but, there's no room for a standard fuel filter available locally.  I haven't seen any on-line that I think will work.  Does anyone half a recommendation?  I can route the line under the carbs similar to the original configuration which will give me room, but obviously don't want to hinder flow.
1981 KZ1300, '98 Suzuki GSF1200S, '80 Honda CT110, '11 Honda CBR250, '75 Honda CL360, '00 Honda XR100R
Speak softly and mount a fast bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Solenoid Removed, Seeking Fuel Filter Recommendation 2 years 6 months ago #29830

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

It looks like my fuel solenoid went kablooi (that's American for 'broken') on my '81 A3.  I now have the 3/8 fuel line routed directly to the carbs, but, there's no room for a standard fuel filter available locally.  I haven't seen any on-line that I think will work.  Does anyone half a recommendation?  I can route the line under the carbs similar to the original configuration which will give me room, but obviously don't want to hinder flow.

Close- Kablooey-destroyed or ruined. (Real Word)

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Solenoid Removed, Seeking Fuel Filter Recommendation 2 years 6 months ago #29831

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
After rebuilding I configured two sets of cabs like this, for a 1300 owner

WIX # 33027  used these for years.  Don't let it's size fool you.

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dcarver220b, zed_thirteen, Ted

Last edit: by scotch.

Solenoid Removed, Seeking Fuel Filter Recommendation 2 years 6 months ago #29832

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
That's a clean install Scotch...

Solenoid Removed, Seeking Fuel Filter Recommendation 2 years 6 months ago #29834

• Ted
  • Ted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
I forgot to ask in the original post if anyone knows or has experience with how long the petcock can remain open before carbs can flood or leak into a cylinder?  Obviously, overnight can do it, but how about a 1/2 hour gas stop?  Yesterday, I stopped and showed the bike to a man for 10 minutes and turned the petcock off paranoid that I would find a flooded carb when I went to start it.
1981 KZ1300, '98 Suzuki GSF1200S, '80 Honda CT110, '11 Honda CBR250, '75 Honda CL360, '00 Honda XR100R
Speak softly and mount a fast bike.

Solenoid Removed, Seeking Fuel Filter Recommendation 2 years 6 months ago #29841

• rdurost
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The fuel filter for a '77 Datsun/Nissan 620 pickup (2.0 liter) may be helpful. It's a cylindrical body with the outlet perpendicular to the body. The inlet is on the long axis. The filter element is high-capacity paper, and some manufacturers' parts use a clear plastic filter body, as I prefer.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds