The exhaust on my 13 has almost rotted away where the downpipes meet the 3 into 1 manifold. The rest of it seems to be in quite good condition so I am going to try to repair it. I bought two lengths of stainless steel pipe, one 35mm and one 38.1mm. One is a tight fit inside the other. I cut the rotted flanges off the manifold, and hammered the thinner pipe onto the cut ends. I will need to trim a bit off the downpipe and fit the larger pipe over that. I still need to measure the exact lengths for my cuts so the two fit snugly together. That’s the theory anyway, so fingers crossed it works. Here’s a photo of progress so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen
So far just friction and exhaust assembly paste. Both pipes are a really tight fit and had to be hammered into position, so fingers crossed they stay put. If they start to shift I will clamp them with car exhaust clamps. The stainless steel ends on the original down pipes were especially tight and had to be heated to get them hammered on. I cut them long so I could trim the hammer damaged ends off. I'll post their progress when I get the engine running.