Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Z1300 SMOKES. 3 years 10 months ago #26913

• yellowperilbikes
  • yellowperilbikes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
You are probably right. At end of day is just a big engine! Have a base gasket, so is a start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z1300 SMOKES. 3 years 1 week ago #28951

• jayincanada
  • Thank you received: 0
Wonder what ever happened? Searches always bring up these old threads and most of the time, they just come to a dead end with no informative conclusion...

Z1300 SMOKES. 3 years 1 week ago #28959

• yellowperilbikes
  • yellowperilbikes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hola. Got sorted in the end. Very lucky, bought barrels and pistons in good order from a very decent guy for just £140. Got rest of gaskets and seals and got Richard at OJR in Hereford to swop everything over. Loads of compression then, pistons did look higher dome to be fair.
Could not get the carbs any sense at all so Lees Motorcyles in Ledbury fitted Proper carb kits at about £92 a throw......Ebay ones are total rubbish. I fitted them and were worse than the old stuff i took off. Lees have a rolling road and do tuning as a main thing.
Last of my eight Z1300 to sell. Now sold, but guy found starter motor just not enough to spin every time. Had fitted new sprag, and brushes.......obtained, and sent guy, who fitted, a CB750 motor. Straight in. Loads more grunt than the basic Z1000 motor fitted. Old starter motor, engine back to full compression.....equals useless starter action.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds