• Page:

TOPIC:

Polished cam cover 6 years 3 months ago #18450

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Not much to add other then I don't think I want to do another one any time soon !

:
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

Polished cam cover 6 years 3 months ago #18452

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
The naked girl I can see wins my seal of approval. This is one fine finished product Mister! :) Get it on the bike!

Polished cam cover 6 years 3 months ago #18455

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
A fabulous achievement. You must be proud of that, but I'll bet your fingers and joints aren't too happy! Would you say it is best to give it a clear coat to preserve the shine, or just give it a buff-up now and then? Will you fit it, or do you prefer your black finished cover?

Polished cam cover 6 years 3 months ago #18456

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Thanks and YES my hands and fingers are barking, and probably will be for a few days ! I have to run-in a new valve-shim and recheck it so will wait to install the shiny cover at that time - in the spring. I know I'm kidding myself. As soon as I get a new piece from my machine-shop, I can add oil, burp the cooling system, check that shim and swap the covers then. Not sure which one I'll keep on the bike but after all this work and pain I'm hoping the polished cover screams "Keep Me" when I see it on the engine.
None of my polished pieces are "clear-coated". I've found - for my own purposes - giving everything frequent wipes with a soft cloth, keeps everything shiny. No more work then if the parts were treated in a another manner. I simply like "clean & shiny" !
Stan wins the " Find Wanda Award" ! :side: Keep watching - There's 11 more to go !
Going to take a whack at cutting a new cam-cover gasket as the one in use now has always been conveniently stuck on the original cover and I see no sense in likely ruining it by trying to peel it off for use with the polished cover.
And, I have to get started on a small inventory of floats - For those who have inquired, thanks, and I hope to have them done a bit earlier then suggested.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds