• Page:

TOPIC:

NO POWER 6 years 9 months ago #16752

• paulb
  • paulb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Quick update checked the fuel flow and it seems fine and then i pulled the plugs 2,3,4&5 were fouled and i havent had this problem for ages so i suspect there is an underlying issue prior to this it had been running reasonably well although i discovered a loose frayed wire to one of the dyna coils which i repaired dont know if i disturbed anything in the wiring, i will try and fire it up again at the weekend as for some reason the neighbours are not keen on the big six firing up outside their houses even if its only running on 3:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NO POWER 6 years 9 months ago #16753

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Paul, hope you get a quick fix.
My issue was directly caused by the way I had routed the wiring to the Dyna's: then I had a contaminant in my fuel (long painful story) which meant I had to repeatedly remove the fuel tank (what a fecking game that was), and I must have nipped the wires and eventually partially dislodged them. :whistle: :oops: :pinch:

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

NO POWER 6 years 9 months ago #16754

• paulb
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks Tim
sounds remarkably like my issues, i have also had the fuel tank off numerous times already and at the start of all this my bike had a slight intermittent fault which i assumed was down to a loose frayed wire feeding my dynas which i took out and crimped another connection on and expected all to be fine may be coincidence i will let you know how i get on

NO POWER 6 years 9 months ago #16760

• paulb
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
another update got the bike running reasonably well for a short while however it is now popping and banging again it seemed to clear for a while but appears to be over fuelling not sure if this is because it is intermittently firing or not

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds