Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

z1300 crankshaft 7 years 3 weeks ago #15950

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

McZed wrote: There are valves available from Germany listed on the bay of fleas. Item No. 391695163288
I am in no way an engineer so I would value your opinion of them Kawboy.

They look like Kibblewhite Black Diamond Valves if the picture represents the product and it's not a generic picture. There's no info in the description identifying them as being made by which manufacturer, so if I was after a set of valves I would probably want to comfirm the manufacturer with the Flea Bay seller. They may be actually manufactured by another manufacturer.

I have no experience with the Kibblewhite valves so I probably souldn't comment other than to say there's enough info on the web to shy me away from Kibblewhite. They are stainless valves with a subsurface coating to enhance wear characteristics plus stellite valve tips and should be good but if you search on the web you'll find numerous reports of premature wearing of stem tips in less than 3 hours running and then follow up with Kibblewhite where Kibblewhite have tested the suspect valves and determined the tip hardening was within specs and that they would do nothing about the issue. That kind of support in this day and age is unacceptable.

There are several valve manufacturers (Ferrara and Vesrah come to mind) that will custom manufactuer valves and the price is not bad. Let's face it, Valves are a sacrificial part in the racing business and racing is all about bringing your best and putting it through the test so engine assemblers will have their own secret specs requiring secret parts. Valve manufacturers are constantly tweeking their designs of valves for maximum flow rates, lightness of material and material alloys to meet the high output demands of the racing engines of today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: McZed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

z1300 crankshaft 7 years 3 weeks ago #15951

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

Husky wrote: Hello Guys,

Found this guy on web from Germany,

Gerald von Assel,

Web page details: www.getor.de/

Email:info@getor.de

He supplies valves made in Japan,

See attached picture,

Regards

Pieter

www.getor.de are selling these valves under the Ebay listing that McZed just posted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds