Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shims 7 years 9 months ago #13316

• Z1300rider
  • Z1300rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
I have got a rebuild thread going on in the new members section. I need some valve shims for my 13. Does anyone have 1X225, 2x230 and 2x245 shims they would like to sell / swap etc please? Cheers Marc. :whistle:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shims 7 years 9 months ago #13319

• charlie9670
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I've also been looking for them recently, these sizes seem the harder to find, I've just ordered a few 2.45's off a UK ebay seller listed as BMW K100, around £7 each,i will have some spares leftover but only 2.55-2.60.
:) Z13 UK

Shims 7 years 9 months ago #13328

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Where in the world are you Marc.
If you put that info into your profile it makes it easier for all to help

3 quid a piece here and brand new www.motobins.co.uk/bmw-parts.php?model=K%20Series&bikeref=K100

The KLR 650 Kawasaki use the same 29mm shim so the dealer should be able to get some

Also www.precisionshims.com.au/ they have an enormous range of shims and are of very high quality
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Last edit: by RickG.

Shims 7 years 9 months ago #13329

• Yaegunp
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
www.precisionshims.com.au/ is where I got mine from
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Shims 7 years 3 weeks ago #15978

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 68
The older Yamaha XS750/850 triples, and the ZS1100, Kawasaki Z1/KZ900/2999/2200 shim on top engines all use the same shims, 29.0 mm. Beware of some shims you should not use. There were shims once marketed by K&L Supply in Santa Clara, Calif that were sub-par. The stock shims have a side circumference that is cut flat, these are the good ones. The K&L, and I assume others that used the bad shims, had lines/serrations around the outer diameter, as if they were stamped out, which they were. These serrated shims can "tiddly-wink" out of the bucket recess, and do a lot of damage.

In my setup, I converted to the 'shim under bucket (tappet)' setup, used the retainers, shims and tappets from the KZ550/650/750 4's. Works nicely, shim adjustment intervals are longer.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds