Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Readable wiring diagram Voyager? 2 years 11 months ago #29102

• ClintsMotorcycles
  • ClintsMotorcycles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello,

I have the service manual for my 1984 Voyager and it has the foldout wiring diagram.  Unfortunately, the wiring diagram is so small, that I cannot read it.  I have the diagram in a separate .PDF file that I can zoom in at 300% or so and I can read it just fine, but when I print it, adobe crams it all on to one page which makes it even more unreadable.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that will print on multiple pages at a zoom level that makes it readable that you can send to me or post a link to it?

I am converting my voyager to a more or less naked street bike and the wiring is a mess on it. I want to remove the fairing, sound system, air shock compressor, compass, .... and get it down to the bare bones.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Clint
====

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Readable wiring diagram Voyager? 2 years 11 months ago #29103

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Just a suggestion Clint,
I copied the PDF file on to a jump stick and took the file in to Staples Business Depot and had them enlarge the file and print it on 11.7" x 16.5" ( A3 paper size) and then had them laminate it with their heavy duty film. What's nice with this is as a shop drawing, you can't soil it with grease or oil, and you can mark it up with dry erasable markers when trouble shooting a problem. After doing your work, just wipe it off and hang it up on the wall as shop art. The 11" x 17" is big enough to follow and clear enough to read (undistorted). If I remember right it cost me about $10 Canadian to have done. I've done the same with my Porsche 928 wiring diagrams for the same reason.
Cheers,
KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: stocktoy, ClintsMotorcycles

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Readable wiring diagram Voyager? 2 years 11 months ago #29104

• ClintsMotorcycles
Thanks. That is an outstanding suggestion.

Readable wiring diagram Voyager? 2 years 11 months ago #29107

• Bar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
If you have the option you can chose poster and scale to 150-200% and it will show you on how many sheets it will print

1984 Kawasaki Voyager
2002 Honda CBR954
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClintsMotorcycles

Readable wiring diagram Voyager? 2 years 11 months ago #29112

• ClintsMotorcycles
Great suggestion.  I did not know that option existed.  I just now blew it up to 300% and it printed on 15 pages. Now, I have to do a little bit of trimming and tape them all together.

As another person suggested, I sent a PDF file of the diagram to Staples and asked them to blow it up, laminate it and mail it back.  I should have it back later this week. $10 and change.  When I get it back I am going to pin it to a wall in my shop for future reference.  In the mean time, I am going to use what I just printed out to get started on the re-wire.

I left my other voyager stock.  The radio, compass, headlight adjuster, horn and trip computer do not work, but at least she fires right up and runs OK.  The wiring on that bike looks intact.

Thanks again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds