Electrical

TOPIC:

Sub Alternator Connector Location. 3 years 5 months ago #27995

• Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

Bucko wrote: Yes, the ZN has the same system. If the low beam burns out, the dash indicator goes on and the High beam is automatically turned on but at 60% (I think) power. That's wasn't my problem though - low beam was working but at at a very low level. In any case, the voltage is back up now. Still I need to check the sub alternator connector if I can find it.

Just a clarification of the above... I was reading the owner's manual today and it mentions that if either the high beam or the low beam element burns out, the system will automatically switch to the functioning element. It doesn't mention anything about the high beam being switched on at lower power but I'm pretty sure I read that in the service manual.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sub Alternator Connector Location. 3 years 5 months ago #27996

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
I was reading the owner's manual today and it mentions that if either the high beam or the low beam element burns out, the system will automatically switch to the functioning element.

That's the way it works on my '80. Default's to High or Low with no diminished power.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Sub Alternator Connector Location. 3 years 3 months ago #28447

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
In the FAQ section of this site you'll find a post I provided to David E.. .original sub alternator installation instructions.
Here's some pics of a sub-alt from my CandyButt Association site Clicky

..and, for what it's worth.. I always clean, solder, cover with RayChem heat shrink all stator connections. I've had little luck, over the long run, with connectors. Soldering and sealing, never a problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdurost

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds