Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

6-1 exhaust and FCR Carbs? 6 years 10 months ago #16565

• srech77
  • srech77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
So amidst my searching for oem parts, I stumbled across this Web Bike Japan site, and it had some stuff on there .. like FCR carbs for more than $2,000, and some various 6-1 exhaust systems that cost as much as a used car ... anyone have experience with those? Just curious, as the last Mikuni carb I had to buy was like $100, so those must be something crazy!

japan.webike.net/products/9638344.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6-1 exhaust and FCR Carbs? 6 years 10 months ago #16567

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
The six-pac would certainly look impressive and on a race-built engine might give you the performance but for the average "Joe"....I can see these as being the reason your family would have to have you "committed" !
Most can't properly tune the Mikunis! How on earth they'd deal with 6 individual carbs would be ...........entertaining !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

6-1 exhaust and FCR Carbs? 6 years 10 months ago #16569

• srech77

scotch wrote: The six-pac would certainly look impressive and on a race-built engine might give you the performance but for the average "Joe"....I can see these as being the reason your family would have to have you "committed" !
Most can't properly tune the Mikunis! How on earth they'd deal with 6 individual carbs would be ...........entertaining !

I agree - these carbs are not for me ... I couldn't spend that much on carbs and sleep at night - I was just curious since I had not seen something of a carb setup with a price tag like that in my days. Yet again, since it's intended for race use, I have seen some of the expensive parts race teams use that make my head spin, so I shouldn't be surprised.

The bike does seem to run rich ... is there an easy (ish) fix to help that out? Different air filter, maybe different carb needles? Idk ...

6-1 exhaust and FCR Carbs? 6 years 10 months ago #16570

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Need some more info regarding it running rich. Symptoms?, Float levels?, OEM floats?, plug condition?, stock ignition coils?, Year of bike (high-speed needle - one groove or 5?)

Last edit: by scotch.

6-1 exhaust and FCR Carbs? 6 years 10 months ago #16571

• srech77

scotch wrote: Need some more info regarding it running rich. Symptoms?, Float levels?, OEM floats?, plug condition?, stock ignition coils?, Year of bike (high-speed needle - one groove or 5?)

Scotch - right now it just seems to run a bit "thick" ... but runs well. It is the 1979 K13 I just posted up on the other thread (I got it yesterday). I will investigate the plugs, it has about 12,600 miles now, aftermarket nology profire coils with taylor wires. I'm not sure what slot the needle is on...

6-1 exhaust and FCR Carbs? 6 years 10 months ago #16575

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
A '79 came with a needle with only 1 groove. '80 & on had five so there is the obvious ability to play with the top end mixture to a degree. With a DG header I 'm running on the factory #3 slot. Definitely TOO LEAN dropping the needle down one (raising the clip by one) so put it back to #3.. There's other details that could be fattening the top end but if you're going to have the carbs out to check the needle positions then you'll address. Float levels, O-rings and air supply passages at that time.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds