Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

S.N.A.F.U. 7 years 6 days ago #16270

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
So here we go again. It's probably prudent to remind some of the folks about the o-ring that seals the float needle seat to the carb body. The ethanol in the fuel reacts with the o-rings and causes them to shrink when the orings are left to dry I.E. if the bike was stored without fuel in the carbs. The cure for this is to replaces all of the orings with Viton orings. The OEM o-rings are Buna N (Nitrile) and it doesn't like ethanol. If the oring between the needle seat and the carb body is leaking, then the fuel from the tank can circumvent the needle and seat and leak into the carb body causing flooding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

S.N.A.F.U. 6 years 10 months ago #16592

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Last week with the promise of an impending heatwave I thought it best to finally get around to sorting my Z13 carbs, cognisant of all the helpful comments.
Could see absolutely nothing untowards to cause No.1 float valve to malfunction, thorough clean, double cherck and and reassemble and she is back on song - none the wiser as to what was causing fuel to overflow via the airbox breather.

Repeated start ups and 5 short journeys and she is again behaving herself: Today went for a bimble to hrough some of the local villages, ran absolutely perfectly: couple of pics of her sunning herself in the freak 27C temperatures.

Just hope she continues to "play nicely" throughout the summer :unsure: :whistle:
Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Tonto.

S.N.A.F.U. 6 years 10 months ago #16593

• srech77
  • Thank you received: 1
Beautiful bike, beautiful place ... glad it's all sorted! Cheers -

Time to create page: 1.204 seconds