OK. I'll admit it. I could use some help. 6 years 11 months ago #16153

• KZQ
  • KZQ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hi Folks,
A few of you have offered to help me with the cost of running KZ1300.COM. Until now costs were minimal, just over $100.00 per year, unfortunately one of the consequences of that inexpensive hosting was that the version of PHP they offered was old, at best. While that wasn't a challenge for a few years, what happened was that Joomla, our content management system and Kunena, our forum software left us behind. When we were recently hacked I had to engage a very talented web person to groom our software until it was clean enough to be upgraded. So far that has cost $400.00, with a bit more to come. I also moved the site to a cloud based system and am running it along side a much larger site. This arrangement is very good and still pretty inexpensive at about $25.00 per month.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy running KZ1300.COM and will continue to do so just for that reason, but if a few of you feel that you've benefited from your time spent here please consider chipping in a few bucks, as you can afford.
I have sprinkled some "Donate" buttons toward the bottom of a few of these pages. Please consider giving them a Tick.
Thank you
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S
The following user(s) said Thank You: stocktoy, Kawboy, kiwirider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OK. I'll admit it. I could use some help. 6 years 11 months ago #16158

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Thanks Bill for all that you've done for us getting this site up and running and maintaining it at your personal expense for all of these years. I've been bugging you since the beginning of my membership for an opportunity to be able to contribute to "the cause". For me, I find it a form of entertainment and an opportunity to help out if I can.

If you're looking for the Donate Button, you can find it on the Home page I also appreciate the fact that you've included a PayPal option. I would think anyone with a EBay account also has a Pay Pal account for security reasons.

So for those considering donating. Is it worth The equivalent of a cup of coffee a week to help keep the site up and running? It is to me and more. For now, I've thrown in 50 bucks to help support the cause. I challenge the rest of the membership to match although if every member chipped in $5 per year that would be more than enough to support the cost of running the site.

Maybe Bill, when you get a chance, could you post the actual costs for operating and maintaining the site. I don't think most members understand what exactly the costs are and I wouldn't have known unless you told me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, kiwirider

OK. I'll admit it. I could use some help. 6 years 11 months ago #16159

• kiwirider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Thanks bill i have also just donated $50 keep up the great work
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, Kawboy

OK. I'll admit it. I could use some help. 6 years 11 months ago #16162

• Craig
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 43
$100 sent

OK. I'll admit it. I could use some help. 6 years 11 months ago #16165

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Thank$ Bill !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

OK. I'll admit it. I could use some help. 6 years 11 months ago #16166

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Bill, just to add my thanks for keeping the site up and running: been an invaluable asset to me - and the way my Zed13 sadly continues to be a problem child, will no doubt remain so :pinch: . Just sent a few "quid" via PayPal.
Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds