Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Still got problems 1 year 11 months ago #30292

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
It is possible that you have cranked down on the carb throttle link rods and yes they may also be holding the throttle partially open.

There is a procedure for setting up all of these, ( idle stop, link rods ) see page 19 in the manual. Pay attention to the statement regarding backing off the link rod screws 1-1/2 turns from the just snug position. This is really important. Follow the instructions. When the link rods are drawn up too tight the fast idle cam will not be effective. There's a fine balance between the length of the link rods and the mechanics of the fast idle cam. I screwed around with these adjustments for hours before understanding the relationship between them. Following the Service Manual should get you in the ball park.
KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Still got problems 1 year 11 months ago #30301

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Great to hear you’ve got the bike running properly. Can I have my carb cleaning tool back please 
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulD

Last edit: by mizztheman.

Still got problems 1 year 10 months ago #30305

• PaulD
  • PaulD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29

Great to hear you’ve got the bike running properly. Can I have my carb cleaning tool back please 

in a word NO 
im in the process of measuring it so I can make my own, problem is I’m struggling with only one eye
ill get it back to you asap, thanks Martin I would have been knackered without you 

Still got problems 1 year 10 months ago #30350

• PaulD
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Well I’m back to square one 
the bike has run well for the last couple of hundred miles so I thought it was time to return Martin’s carburettor tool. Obviously she took offence to this and the same problem has returned. It must be dirt getting in somewhere but the inline filter is spotless so I’m totally baffled. I’m thinking of putting one of those tiny super strong mobile phone magnets in the filter and one in each float bowl  to see if that picks up anything. I’m getting really pissed off now. 

Still got problems 1 year 8 months ago #30555

• z13phil
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi, wondering if you can help. I presume you are in the UK?.  I've just got one of the carb cleaning tools from Scotch. I'm wondering what the Lacquer thinners are ??  if you can give me a brand of what you have used. 
Thanks in advance

Still got problems 1 year 8 months ago #30556

• PaulD
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHi Phil, yes I’m in the UK Warrington Cheshire. I tried cellulose thinners but I still couldn’t get the carbs clean you definitely need lacquer thinners, it’s actually acetone. This is what I bought:

ebay item number 303848472045

Last edit: by PaulD.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds