Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Float valves 2 years 9 months ago #29333

• ogri211
  • ogri211's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
I recentely had a problem with my carbs flooding , and eventually traced it to the fuel needle valves which were from a cheap rebuild kit, I cured the problem by refitting the original ones. The issue I have is my friend has the same problem and removing the valves they appear to be the cheap patern ones. I contacted Steve at Motocarb to see about new genuine ones , and he said they are not listed , does anyone know where to get a new genuine set of needle fuel valves for the BSW32 mikuni carbs?
Z1300 A4,Z900 RS,Suzuki GT750A, Buell S1 Lightning, Royal Enfield Diesel. And Z900A4 on the rebuild.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Float valves 2 years 9 months ago #29334

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
This is interesting ! 
I've rebuilt carbs that were sent to me with carb-kits.  The "popular" brand as well as generics.  I'm currently using  generic kits in mine.  No issues with any.
My question is:  What do you believe is the actual problem with kit-valves you had.? 
I once "mic'd" the generics and a set of OEM floats-valves and the over-all length matched within fractions of a millimeter.  The generics fit the valve-bore perfectly.  An adjustment for the fuel level was required, only because the carbs came to me with those levels incorrect.
Just curious if there's any further details !  
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Float valves 2 years 9 months ago #29335

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

This is interesting ! 
I've rebuilt carbs that were sent to me with carb-kits.  The "popular" brand as well as generics.  I'm currently using  generic kits in mine.  No issues with any.
My question is:  What do you believe is the actual problem with kit-valves you had.? 
I once "mic'd" the generics and a set of OEM floats-valves and the over-all length matched within fractions of a millimeter.  The generics fit the valve-bore perfectly.  An adjustment for the fuel level was required, only because the carbs came to me with those levels incorrect.
Just curious if there's any further details !  

I'm thinking "Here we go again with float needle retainer clips" Some of us remember that the aftermarket clips are a problem.

Float valves 2 years 9 months ago #29338

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Kawboy wrote : I'm thinking "Here we go again with float needle retainer clips" Some of us remember that the aftermarket clips are a problem.

BINGO !  
I missed that one which is odd because I pointed this out recently.

Good call !

Float valves 2 years 9 months ago #29342

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

This is interesting ! 

Scotch:  Where do you get your 'generic' kits?  I need to rebuild the carbs in my 1100 Honda and I'm thinking about trying a generic kit as the 'Brand name' kits are pretty expensive.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Float valves 2 years 9 months ago #29343

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
I've used these with no issues.....other then the float-needle retaining springs.

Ebay:  KR Carburetor Carb Rebuild Repair Kit x3 KAWASAKI Z KZ 1300 A 79-82 ... NEW
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bucko

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds