Question For Scotch. Choke Air Mod. Nov 2020 3 years 5 months ago #28092

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Hi Scotch,

Hope you are fit and well in all this Covid 19 Madness !

I now have my 3 carb bodies on the bench fully stripped and ready for a complete refurb and to carry out your Air Choke Mod, which I have now completed.

Could you please answer me 1 question relating to this?

You also advised to remove the 3 x Enricher System Diaphrams and replace the small circular cover with a gasket fitted.
Can you please confirm if the gasket is ok to cover the original Air Feed Hole from the venturi to the diaphram chamber (blocking it off) or does the gasket need to go around that orifice to allow it to be left open ? Photos of the cover and orifice attached

Advice appreciated as ever !

Pete F
UK

Attachment 20201101_104313.jpg not found

Attachment 20201101_103642.jpg not found

Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question For Scotch. Choke Air Mod. Nov 2020 3 years 5 months ago #28126

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Hi Gents,

Just wondering where all the posts have disappeared to from this topic?

Question For Scotch. Choke Air Mod. Nov 2020 3 years 5 months ago #28128

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
I just did a "search: Choke Air Mod. It's all there ! (?)
Note: I got gently 'ripped" by someone about the methods that can be used. Apparently it was confusing? It doesn't matter what your method is as long as the port size has a reduction (inner diameter) equal to that of 1/8" brass tube. It's merely a restrictor for the choke-air.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Question For Scotch. Choke Air Mod. Nov 2020 3 years 5 months ago #28129

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Hi Scotch,

The last time I looked at this post I’m sure there was 7 or 8 replies. They seem to have disappeared

Regards

Martin

Question For Scotch. Choke Air Mod. Nov 2020 3 years 5 months ago #28130

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I agree with Mizztheman. We did lose a few posts and it probably has something to do with the transferring of information from one server to another. The fact that the attachments in post 28092 are not available supports the thought we lost some posts. Hopefully, this is all we lost
The following user(s) said Thank You: mizztheman

Question For Scotch. Choke Air Mod. Nov 2020 3 years 5 months ago #28166

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Following on from this post and thanks again to Scotch for his time and research into this Mod, I am now at the stage of carrying it out.

After leaving my 3 carb bodies to soak for a week in a bath of Cellulose Thinners and flushing every internal orifice out to ensure they are 100 % clear and unblocked, I have now washed them in petrol and left to dry, before applying a good coating of WD40 to prevent any surface deposits accumulating inside or out. It was amazing just how much crap came out of the 3 bodies and the colour of the thinners (which were clear to start with !).

Onto Scotch's Mods.

I opted to use M6x8mm Brass Grub Screws with a 3mm hole thru the centre as my "restrictor jets" for the Choke Air Mod as seen below.
After using an M6 x 1 Tap in the existing choke air holes, I screwed each "restrictor jet" into them with just a dab of blue thread lock.
These fit very well and look the part !

Next I made gaskets for each of the of the 3 Enricher Circuit Diaphram Covers and fitted them without the Diaphram and Spring.

On to the 6 x Primary Circuit Mixture Screws. I used a sheet of 2000 grit Wet & Dry Paper to carefully reduce the length of the end needles and re-profile them as Scotch recommends. This is probably the most inticate part of all the mods, so I used a good magnifying glass to ensure all was good. I think these will make a big difference to the whole set up of the primary circuit and make it much easier to work with.

As I wont be fitting the finished carbs to the bike until Spring 2021, I will update this post them for anyone interested.

Pete F
UK

Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, mizztheman

Last edit: by strate6.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds