Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29411

• sparkee09
  • sparkee09's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
heres some pics of trek to get them. also if anyone has that right side chrome cover, as you can see in the lst picture, im in the market. would also love to find another crash bar for that side
The following user(s) said Thank You: biltonjim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29412

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Thanks for the great photos.  Fabulous scenery.  How long did the journey take?  
Those Voyagers always impress me. Does this one perform ok?
Did you buy the Honda from the same source as the 1300?

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29421

• sparkee09
  • sparkee09's Avatar Topic Author
i left my house at 8 am and returned just after midnight with my only stops for gas and food, and pictures lol. and ya, I HAD to buy them together, I got them from this old really nice middle eastern guy, he didn't really speak english all that well and some things just weren't clicking with him. he was selling 4 bikes all for $750 each, I wanted only the voyager, but both the voyager and that goldwing he didn't have titles for, so he said since they both didn't have title they HAD to be sold together?? I mean its what allowed me to get the bike because apparently he had several other people try to get the voyager but they wouldn't take both bikes. i even offered him $900 for just the voyager but he refused to seperate them, so I wasn't gonna miss this voyager over that and got both lol. The goldwing ive already gotten running and cleaned up, its actually in amazing shape compared to the voyager, runs awesome but hopping from the voyager onto this gutless 70hp goldwing feels silly, it'll cruise freeway speeds fine but man does it take a minute to get there. Soon as the title comes in though it'll be sold. The voyager was running great! until last night, the rear end exploded on the freeway.. gonna start a new topic on that as a i have some questions.. and am sad lol

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29424

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I had many, many, MANY conversations with Trikebldr while he was here on the site. We had so many commonalities in our perspective backgrounds it was uncanny. Bruce told me that as a thesis project, he had taken a Goldwing engine to it's limits. Cam profiling, head work, intake tract, header work and carbs. Managed to get 130 - 140 HP out of a 1000 cc Wing. 150 hp / liter is readily achievable.  200 hp / liter is probably the limit at this point in time from an engineering point of view.

So many turbos available now compared to even 10 years ago. Wouldn't a bi-turbo project be fun to do??  

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29425

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
Why not supercharging? I bought a 2nd-hand Mini Cooper supercharger from Ebay about 10 years ago (they're cheap) with the intention of fitting it to my ZG (fuel injected also). But I then changed jobs & didn't have enough spare time so gave up on the idea. Food for thought maybe, as everybody goes the turbo route?
Only dead fish go with the flow

Last edit: by Phil.

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29429

• hood1
have eight what year you want...have 83 84 85 88

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds