Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 10 months ago #29290

• sparkee09
  • sparkee09's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
So Ive had this dream project bike build in my head for a long time and I'm finally at a spot in life where I can do it. Ive always been fascinated with awesome engineering, and for me its pretty awesome engineering to fit an inline 6 in a motorcycle! Along with cool engineering im an adrenaline junkie and live behind motorcycle bars and love loud fast things. I also have a deep love for turbo's and am just finishing up complete custom twin turbo 300zx show car that will hopefully be in the 600hp range once we start tuning, until I can afford bigger turbos... another reason why I can take on this project now. So to go along with my car I've always wanted a turbo bike, like bad. I started turboing an old r1 I had but decided against it just because I could see myself dieing on that, I dont need to be popping power wheelies at 80mph and I know I would, plus I almost died on that bike, being dumb on the freeway racing, hit 164mph before i started slowing down and right after i started slowing down I got a front end wobble that turned into a complete tank slapper, at like 140mph! pure miracle I kept the bike up. I never need to go that fast on a bike again, but man do I love some mean acceleration! So my dream is a turbo charged bagger! and I think a voyager is my perfect base to build this off of! Plus its already fuel injected which would make building the turbo so much easier, I would use the same stand alone system Im running in my car, so I would rebuild the whole engine harness. Along with making it fast I will completely change the look, im thinking a whole harley rear end with stretched bags and a harley roadglide dual headlight front fairing. Plus I just sold my roadglide and i really need another bike with luggage ability. So thats my plan. I guess my first question is for yall that actually know these bikes would be, is there any reason why what I want to build would be a bad idea? I mean im pretty set on this build, Im all about that unique stuff and its not something that would be over my head. So my next question is, is there anybody selling a voyager anywhere in the western US? im in utah, I'd love to find one with in a few hundred miles I could pick up with my truck, but these are hard to find. id be happy finding a complete basket case of a bike. Im 100% open to the idea of flying out somewhere and riding the bike back to utah, I think i'd actually enjoy a big ride like that. I have found like 3 or 4 within about 1000 miles of me, but theyre all very questionable on if they could make that big of a ride in their current condition, and theyre just to far for my truck, I did find one in good shape that would easily make the ride back in northern minesotta, about 1400 miles away from me, so that is on the table.

Also has anyone else done anything like this? thrown on a more modern front fairing and or saddle bags on? or just any other cool custom builds? love to see em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29328

• sparkee09
Didn't realize this got posted as i checked a few days later and it still wasn't up. oh well. Found one, only had to drive a 1000 miles for it. posted in the new member area with pics

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29389

• hood1
Sounds like me one of my top bikes was a 1000 gold wing with a turbo. Made a wicked noise and when the boost gauge hit about 6lbs best have a good grip on it. But after blowing three motors got tied of it. But it was a trip something I wont forget.  Good luck with yours

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29392

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
It sounds like an interesting project, sparkee.  I hope you post pictures and details on this forum as you progress.

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29397

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
Watching with interest 
Only dead fish go with the flow

Looking to buy a Voyager for turbo project 2 years 9 months ago #29410

• sparkee09
the turbo aspect of the project probably wont begin until the snow hits. hopefully if my dirt bike sells this week i'll order the harley fairings and bags and start to get that mocked up though, but right now ive just loved riding her in all her ugly glory. been focusing on my car, finally just finished building my new wire harness for my stand alone ecu system, hopefully starting this weekend if everything shows up, then tuning! then this voyager will get alot of my attention

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds