Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Its nice to be back 6 years 8 months ago #17060

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Hmm yes I may rethink my shop extinguisher as well. Time for a service soon anyways.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Its nice to be back 6 years 8 months ago #17062

• kwakka
  • kwakka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Spent a solid Sunday working through the to-do list for the Z1300. Fixed some real dodgy wiring, gave it a wash for the firdst time since I bought it, cleaned out the crap in the airbox then went around and cleaned all the assorted rubber grommets and tubes and gave them a good spray with the silicone cleaner. Got the new back brake line in, put in my new coolant tank and then came the exciting bits. Put the new exhaust from Lauri on which was really quite easy (had removed the fand and radiator). I dosciovered that my silencers had been cut off the power box rather than remove so there was a bit of jiggery pokery to get the piece of old pipe out (and a nervous check of the parts book to make sure I wasn't wrecking my very expensive and recently chromed silencers. All lined up very easily and most impressed with the workmanship. Next was the front guard and the speedo cable holder. I've noticed that there are so many small things on the Z like that which are missing - cablke holders and brackets and stuff. So stuck the side covers and tank on as I thought it would be safest place to store them. Carbies next. Here is a before and what is currently look slike shot.
Attachments:

Its nice to be back 6 years 8 months ago #17094

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Looking good!

Its nice to be back 6 years 8 months ago #17128

• kwakka
Bit more time on the weekend moving things along. Got all my brakes and stuff back from the painter so that will be next task. Rebuilt the rear light, claned up the wiring bodges and put the ducktail on so that is all finished. Cleaned the carburettors as well - full of crap and removed the ultimate bodge - each carb piston had two large washers inside - I can only think it was to reduce the vacum effect on the slides but FFS!! Am waiting for a new throttle cable and then in they'll go. Then it's new fluids all round and a new set of spark plugs. Not far to go now!!!

Its nice to be back 6 years 7 months ago #17202

• kwakka
FINISHED!!
Well not quite. The old girl barked into life for the first time in about 8 months on the weekend. Mounted the fuel valve, installed new fuel lines and got all set for a start. Cleaned the spark plugs and reset the gaps. Had to also rewire the connection for the fuel tank sender that had those horrible blue electric connectors on it, put a nice pin connector in just like the original. After a big wack on the carbies to fix sticking float valves that had fuel pouring back through the airbox we got a nice consistent start and run. Will need a retune as I took the horrible washer bodge out of the carbie slides so not quite right there. The clutch had stuck after sitting for a while without oil but that shook loose after a run up the driveway. Was pleased to see all the instrument and dials work except for the neutral light. Also I don't like the clutch action doesn't seem right. Will put a new clutch cable in shortly. Sounds nice and rorty with Lauri's exhausts. Just need to build up the courage to go for a run around the block. And fix a couple of fuel driubbles primarily from me cutting the fuel pipe too short - measure twice cut once yes I know!!! Photos to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Its nice to be back 6 years 7 months ago #17242

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wicked. Glad to hear!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds