Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

1981-A3 restauration 6 years 11 months ago #16340

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

Kwakanuk wrote: Kwaboy the cam drive chain is well within specs, I simply instaled it wrong.
The bike is running fine now. That DG exhaust sounds awesome. I repacked the pipe with new fiberglass. I was suprised that it did not change the sound level that much, just a little deeper.

Ledkz,
Yeah I know it's normal that the wheel spins due to friction between clutch plate while the clutch lever is fully pressed, but it seemed to much drag for safe usage. I took all the plates out of the cluch and loosen the nut completly and it completetly freed the clutch. The main basket was not set completly, so I managed to push it further put the nut back and it did the job.
It still is not to my satisfaction so I will have to do some more tweaking.

Thank you guys for your input.

I for one, will be interested in hearing why the clutch basket wasn't seating properly. You're on to something. At least you're looking in the right area. Let us know how you make out.
KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1981-A3 restauration 6 years 11 months ago #16349

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Kawboy wrote:

Kwakanuk wrote: Kwaboy the cam drive chain is well within specs, I simply instaled it wrong.
The bike is running fine now. That DG exhaust sounds awesome. I repacked the pipe with new fiberglass. I was suprised that it did not change the sound level that much, just a little deeper.

Ledkz,
Yeah I know it's normal that the wheel spins due to friction between clutch plate while the clutch lever is fully pressed, but it seemed to much drag for safe usage. I took all the plates out of the cluch and loosen the nut completly and it completetly freed the clutch. The main basket was not set completly, so I managed to push it further put the nut back and it did the job.
It still is not to my satisfaction so I will have to do some more tweaking.

Thank you guys for your input.

I for one, will be interested in hearing why the clutch basket wasn't seating properly. You're on to something. At least you're looking in the right area. Let us know how you make out.
KB

As would I.

The clutch drag is minimal, as in stop it with your foot minimal or weight of the bike on the ground. Sounds like yours had more than it should have.

1981-A3 restauration 6 years 11 months ago #16361

• Kwakanuk
  • Kwakanuk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
There is not much more I can say about that clutch basket. At some point I replaced it, the original had a broken piece. I obviously failed to push it completly in.

It's working fine know.

I will be working on repainting on the next few weeks.
Gpz 750 Turbo 1984, Gpz 750 Turbo 1985, KZ 1300 1981.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds