Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Battery ground cable ? 9 years 8 months ago #4193

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65
Also while the lead is off the bike Ohm out the leads, there should be little to no resistance on the conductor.

Another thing to look out for is corrosion. Electrolosys can creep into the copper stands and corrode the wire from within. This corrosion will be green in color. Pivot the brass terminal on either side of the cable and peer into the copper strands.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Battery ground cable ? 9 years 8 months ago #4194

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Yeah I kind of tossed the old 35 year old cables and replaced with welding cable, I had extra from my KLR650.New cables all around. But it would still be nice if some one could be so kind and post a pic.Here are some pics of the barn find. It cleaned up nice and it was sitting since 1983!!I'm exercising the "prime directive" doctrine with this bike leaving it as original as possible with the exception of fluids,tires etc and other safety related stuff that if over looked could ruin my day ;) I really dig the Battle Star Galactica fairing.
Attachments:

Last edit: by kennyb.

Battery ground cable ? 9 years 8 months ago #4195

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
I can't help you with the cable, but I am amazed at how cheaply you bought that bike. It must be the bargain of the year!
I too like the look of the Vetter fairing and luggage. It will be an impressive machine when you get it polished up. What year is it?

Battery ground cable ? 9 years 8 months ago #4197

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
It's a 1979 and I agree got a steal on the bike. Here are some pics after I cleaned it up and it's current state of dis assembly. I'm currently going through the bike. Valve adj,brakes, suspension etc to make this thing road worthy and safe.The Dyna ignition I purchased a couple of years ago and that wasn't cheap! Getting back to the under seat pics any one?Thank you.
Attachments:

Battery ground cable ? 9 years 8 months ago #4220

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
I've just looked on my un-restored A4, and the earth cable from the battery looks very similar to your mystery cable, BUT I can't see where it attaches to the engine. I would have to remove the battery tray to do that, and it is too dark now in my unlit garage. What I can tell you is that the earth cable on mine looks to be twice as long as the one in your hand. If you already have a cable from the battery to earth, do you think that cable in your picture does not actually belong this bike?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kennyb

Battery ground cable ? 9 years 8 months ago #4230

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Pretty sure it did come from the bike. The bike seems to to be working as far as lights etc. Can't really start it yet.The mystery continues....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds