Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mosfet regulators 8 years 8 months ago #8803

• aus_z1300
  • aus_z1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Interested to see if anyone has converted to a mosfet reg.
Like these link
I fitted one to my harlet after numerous failures with regs and it has been excellent .
I am thinking about fitting one to the 1300.
The following user(s) said Thank You: globemaster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mosfet regulators 8 years 8 months ago #8846

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
I've done the conversion, although because my 13 has been extensively modified it wasn't installed in the original position. I know Pete F has done the conversion also, pretty sure he mounted his in the original position, hopefully he'll chime-in on this, he mentioned that he was going to do a "how to" on this subject as well but not sure how far he got. There is an ignition-fed live brown wire that was connected to the original reg./rectifier; it's purpose was to 'wake it up', but it's no longer required on the replacement, just leave it disconnected. I would also remove the troublesome plug connector between the reg./rectifier & the generator, solder the wires instead. I found this article very helpful when I did mine: Link
Only dead fish go with the flow
The following user(s) said Thank You: globemaster

Last edit: by Phil.

Mosfet regulators 8 years 7 months ago #9477

• aus_z1300
  • aus_z1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Done mounted it in the original position I had to use two shorter bolts in the reg. Then I spaced the whole bracket out a bit so the wires from the plugs would clear the battery and I could still get the sidecover on.pretty straight forward the only odd bit was the ac tap into the stator wiring for the the fuel cut off solenoid.All good now though 14.5 volts and stable time to go for a ride.And Fit a voltmeter next.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds