Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The German Shop 9 years 6 months ago #5046

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
That German site is really expensive.I checked it out and the prices scared me off and on top of the crazy shipping fees to the U.S.A. There is a Japanese site that has stuff for the mighty 1300 and also has uber expensive prices.I've also seen some generic rectangle head lights that look close enough. Cheaper to buy a kz1300 parts bike on CL(my opinion).I just recently installed "Shinko 230's"The Gold Wing crowd raves about them. So far so good the front tracks a little weird when cruising slow but at speed there good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The German Shop 9 years 5 months ago #5058

• Craig
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 43
Hi Kenny, yes I agree with the thoughts on the Shinko 230 tyres. I use them on my bike and ride her pretty hard. Changed the rear tyre a couple of weeks ago after 8000km's. (5000miles) Fair enough, it was pretty bald then, but i'm happy with the mileage and at a reasonable price for the tyre
The following user(s) said Thank You: kennyb

Last edit: by Craig. Reason: Gramma

The German Shop 9 years 5 months ago #5225

• Ralpharama
  • Thank you received: 1
I use BT45s all round, never had a slide, despite the soggy UK weather :)
Ralph Ferrand

Z1300A5 Godier Genoud, Z650, H2C, Z900A4, Z1000A1, GPZ1100A1 Unitrak, ZRX1200R, RD250B, DT175, YZFR6
The following user(s) said Thank You: kennyb

The German Shop 9 years 5 months ago #5228

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
BT45s who makes those?The price on the Shinkos you can't beat.I paid around $150 shipped for a pair maybe cheaper? I can't recall. I installed a 100 instead of 110 in the front as recommend in the FAQ section by the Patron Saint dude.He claims that the the 110 is too big for our front rim?Also said that the tire manufactures agreed with his conclusion. The smaller tire gives more responsive front end.Thoughts people?

The German Shop 9 years 5 months ago #5238

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Kenny;
BT45's are from Bridgestone and very good: I have them on my Z13 (and also my Z900) and will defo fit them when replacements are needed. Maybe its a UK thing (wet greasy roads for 5 months of the year :S ), but most guys I know tend to run BT45's on their classics.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Last edit: by Tonto.

The German Shop 9 years 5 months ago #5240

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
I like the price of the Shinko's and the quality is quite good. It's a very modern tire design.BTW Shinko bought out Yokohama I found out.It definitely breaths new life into the handling. I have tested these tires hard. The other nite actually when I blew by a police cruiser doing a little over the posted speed limit :evil: The tires performed flawlessly as well as the other mods I did.I looked at Bridgestone,Metzler etc.The Shinko's offer excellent value and was hard pressed to find a negative review.I have good luck with this brand.I have Shinko 705's on my KLR650 Dual Sport and love them as well as the KLR650 community.Check them out the next time you need new sneakers for your baby ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds