Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

water pump bevel drive gear wanted HELP!! 8 years 5 months ago #9681

• globemaster
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Thanks, Pete. This could be interesting. By the way, I've been to Melbourne several times, but it was a long time ago. Australia had some of the nicest people in the entire world. Sadly, I can't say the same for the U.S. Genuinely nice people here are almost as rare as rocking horse manure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

water pump bevel drive gear wanted HELP!! 8 years 5 months ago #9686

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Yeh I find the middle to older age people will help a lot and are very friendly, the younger generation is "give me, give me, it's mine and I want it", find it's like that with my kids all around the young to mid 20's, tried my best but because I wanted better for them than what I had I think I stuffed it up. Makes me worry what is going to happen later in their lives. Anyway off subject, had an e-mail chat with the bike shop guy, he said he thinks the engineering place made spare cogs, just waiting to hear back from them, he also said that the bike he put the cogs into is going well, he did mention a problem with adhesion between the shaft and the cog, which is logical because the nylon ones would hold better, he said to perhaps pin the cog, anyway as I said just waiting to hear on a price, will update thread as information comes to hand, cheers
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

water pump bevel drive gear wanted HELP!! 8 years 5 months ago #9689

• globemaster
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Sadly, it seems that Australia has gone down the same bad road as the U.S. In the U.S. the attitude of younger people is known as "entitlement". They want it all, they want it NOW, and they want it for free.

It's surprising to hear about the adhesion problem between the cog and the shaft. I assumed they were one piece. Of course, the nylon one would be molded onto the shaft.

Thanks for contacting the bike shop and engineering place.

water pump bevel drive gear wanted HELP!! 8 years 5 months ago #9723

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Ok sorry for the delay, seems it takes a while for them to answer e-mails, they didn't answer the one using the webpage link, so I found out they answer to gears@ , anyway here is the info :-

Hi peter
Yes can do, just send old gear and i can re-fit new one. $180.00 +gst

Thanks col

then asked him if he had the cogs in stock or the pattern to make them and here is the reply :-

Yes we do have in stock ready to roll out the door cost of blanks $130.00 plus GST thanks Col

Sent: Tuesday, 20 October 2015 11:43 AM
To: gears
Subject: RE: Kawasaki Z1300 Bevel gears

Hi mate, I know some z1300 owners overseas, can you just supply the gears and they can get them fitted?, do you still have the "pattern", cheers Pete

So anyway if you want his contact details please PM me and I will give you the address, cheers Pete.
P.S. the reason I asked about just the gears is because I don't want to send off my shafts to Melbourne and then hope I get them back with Australia Post :-)
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Last edit: by kza13.
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds