• Page:

TOPIC:

Camshafts - Differences between Carb and Injected? 7 years 6 months ago #14662

• Yaegunp
  • Yaegunp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Yaegunp wrote: I ordered a second hand pair of cams from Ebay as mine have had the hardened surface damaged. Sadly they have gone missing in transit so I have to source another set. My knowledge about them cams is there are 3 models - carb, injected, and another for the Voyager?

Does anyone know if they are interchangeable or does each model have different specs?

Cams finally arrived but very sadly they are just a mess, forget about hardface wear, these ones are pitted. :angry:
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Camshafts - Differences between Carb and Injected? 7 years 6 months ago #14663

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
That's too bad. Sorry to hear it. There are several cam repair shops who can hardface the cores and regrind. Not cheap. Upwards of $1,000 a set. I tried and had a set reground to a 280 duration. The shop charged me $200 to do this but now the base circle is such a smaller diameter that I would have to buy custom valves with a new length to overcome the vast difference. I too picked up a set of cams for Fleebay and they're OK. Not certain which way I'll go at this point. I'd really like to make use of the 280 duration .375" lift cams. Still preplexed at this point. Not in a rush anyway. Too many things on my plate.

Anyway, Good Luck.

Camshafts - Differences between Carb and Injected? 7 years 6 months ago #14789

• Yaegunp
  • Yaegunp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Finally got a set of cams that are half decent and managed to pickup a set of carbs along with other bits and pieces (Oil pan, side cover and tappet cover). Dropped the cam off to the machinist almost 2 weeks ago and he had the head 2-3 weeks before that and still hasn't managed to start on my project. :woohoo:
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds