Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 6 months ago #14598

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Ok i'm not too well edjamacated on tech stuff, so if I ask a dumb question please forgive me, that being said wouldn't the thicker gasket be better, wouldn't it allow a better "take up" if the head or barrel block were a tiny bit not flat ?, also Yaegunp do they do a new gasket just for a standard original barrel for a '79 or are they all the same shape ??, another dumb question I guess but I've only worked on my 79 and don't know the changes (if they did any) to other 13's, cheers Pete.
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 6 months ago #14601

• Yaegunp
  • Yaegunp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32

kza13 wrote: Ok i'm not too well edjamacated on tech stuff, so if I ask a dumb question please forgive me, that being said wouldn't the thicker gasket be better, wouldn't it allow a better "take up" if the head or barrel block were a tiny bit not flat ?, also Yaegunp do they do a new gasket just for a standard original barrel for a '79 or are they all the same shape ??, another dumb question I guess but I've only worked on my 79 and don't know the changes (if they did any) to other 13's, cheers Pete.

I agree with thee thickness, especially since I am getting the head resurfaced. To my knowledge 79-83 all have the same shape barrels and apparently they come out of the factory slightly oval according to one of my sources in Sweden.

The latest from Cometic Australia is they do 63mm, 64mm, 65mm, 66mm, 67mm and 68mm bore sizes and they are $AUD59.60 each - 3 to 4 weeks delivery. I have measured mine and it is a 63mm.
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kza13

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 6 months ago #14602

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Had mine also done last time it was off (resurfaced), and got new exhaust valves made, had a couple bent, only honed the barrels and put new rings in and all the bottom end stuff, that's when I changed cases because of the chewed out secondary shaft end. I'll have to get onto them to send me a new one, suppose the Aussie Post will charge a fortune, thanks again for the info, much appreciated
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds