Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 7 months ago #14325

• Marti
  • Thank you received: 0
Have 1 here (Hamburg Germany), price is 115,- Euro, DHL shipping almost 50,- Euro (need to check again) around the world. See ebay.de item 351811097355. Ordered it because my 13 leaks very little water from first second filling/ aftermarked gasket-kit fitted, never failed with any engine for 24 years, but my own - uuuh. Maybe I fix it next winter
Martin
Z1300A1, CB1100F, Z1100GP B2, FZS1000, Sons R6 and RS125 2Stroke, Opel Omega 3,2V6, Audi A6, Opel Astra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 7 months ago #14326

• Marti
  • Thank you received: 0
Have 1 here (Hamburg Germany), price is 115,- Euro, DHL shipping almost 50,- Euro (need to check again) around the world. See ebay.de item 351811097355. Ordered it because my 13 leaks very little water from first second filling/ aftermarked gasket-kit fitted, never failed with any engine for 24 years, but my own - uuuh. Maybe I fix it next winter
Z1300A1, CB1100F, Z1100GP B2, FZS1000, Sons R6 and RS125 2Stroke, Opel Omega 3,2V6, Audi A6, Opel Astra.

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 7 months ago #14483

• Tyler
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
What the.... $200+ for international shipping! Wow! :pinch:

The only possible reason I can think of is that they are forced by some poor misguided individual into using a third party broker for their international shipments, when in reality they don't need to. I've run into this on occasion where some lawyers have mandated it for some stupid legal reason, usually related to some obscure export control law...

At any rate I hope you find suitable gasket and keep your wallet intact. The gasket is in fact only $80 and I bet I could buy it, and send to you for far less than they are willing to. :whistle:
1981 KZ1300

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 7 months ago #14530

• Yaegunp
  • Yaegunp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Well I am still waiting for someone from Cometic Australia to reply to me regarding the head gasket, seems they are to busy or can't be bothered. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 6 months ago #14594

• Yaegunp
  • Yaegunp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Here's the reply I received back from Cometic Australia (aka Serco), almost there just need a gasket with bore size of 62mm and not 68mm. What thickness do you reckon??

HI Paul,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding head gaskets to suit 1983 Kawasaki KZ1300. Can you please let me know what bore size you require as they are available in a few different bore sizes but only 2 different thicknesses .043” and .059” and they are all only available in the CFM20 matieral (composite, not MLS). We have in stock at present, one to suit 68mm bore and .043” thick and your cost is $59.60.
Thanks Paul.

Kind regards,
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Last edit: by Yaegunp.

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 6 months ago #14596

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Well, I like the price. Very reasonable considering it's a custom gasket i.e. they don't manufacture this gasket on a larger scale. Tyler was also happy with the gasket they made for his 64mm oversize bored KZ1300. There's something a little fishy if they are offering 2 different thicknesses and the bore they are quoting is a 68mm. I would definately follow up with them. They are quite capable of making this up for you, just need to make sure that you and Cometic are both on the same page.

Do you have an old gasket you can send them so they can confirm and replicate? Better yet, if they are close by, take them the cylinder and the gasket.

Last edit: by Kawboy.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds