• Page:

TOPIC:

Went to a swap meet 9 years 5 months ago #5052

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
I went to a motorcycle swap meet yesterday, it was held in a small town not far from me, Laidley in fact, seems it is usually held in Gatton at the show grounds but they couldn't have it there this year, stinking hot day, $10 a person to get in, lots of sellers, anyway out of the whole show ground of sellers I found only one set of scraped and rusty original header pipes for the 13, I didn't buy then as I have a better set at home, he also tried to tell me he had a Z13 bikini fairing, I was excited, then I saw it was one for a GPZ, same as the two I have, and this one looked like it had been out in the weather for a thousand years. What is it with our bikes?, are they just in the middle area of not being vintage enough, or are they that scarce that no one has parts in OZ ??. Also found out the Australian Motorcycle Museum not far from me has shut down, and there will be a big swap meet and auction there early next year, he has a 13 on display, also has a motor there that has been cut to show the internals, wonder what will happen to all the good stuff ??, it's a pity, but guess it's the way things go, Pete.
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Went to a swap meet 9 years 5 months ago #5053

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
There was ONE at a vintage motorcycle show this summer, at that was because somebody had just bought it. It was in rough shape, too.

I think it's just because they didn't sell very many, and those that did aren't really inclined to part them out unless they are complete trash. They just aren't that well known, even to motorcycle enthusiasts, and always get overshadowed by the CBX and (I'm beginning to think) the Z1 as well.

Although, according to the rules, my 1980 is JUST old enough to be considered "vintage" next year...

Went to a swap meet 9 years 5 months ago #5055

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97

Lucien-Harpress wrote: Although, according to the rules, my 1980 is JUST old enough to be considered "vintage" next year...

So my '79 is "vintage" ???, good .. about time sometime is as vintage as I feel sometimes :-)
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Went to a swap meet 9 years 5 months ago #5056

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
I saw that set of header pipes and I thought mine were bad. There were 2 good pipes in the set so I offered him $30 and he just ignored me. There was a rear drive for a Z13 but it was over priced for me, apparently not for someone else because it was gone very early.
I got there at 5.45am and it was well under way then.
I did get some BMW stuff that I wanted.
The meet will be at Laidley permanently as Gatton show grounds has been redeveloped and costs too much to have it there.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds