• Page:

TOPIC:

MOT time - Z13 Lazarus is back from the dead !! 7 years 2 months ago #15467

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Hi guys, really pleased the old girl finally seems cured; I honestly can't wait for Spring and some dry clean roads: I had forgotten just how nice the big Zed sounds when you give it a hand full.

Martin: re colour, it is a Kawasaki Colour; Candy Burnt Lime, they used it on the H1's & H2's between 72 - 75, easy to find, and it looks the Dogs Danglies on the rare instance the sun shines here in the UK ;) I'm currently doing up a 75 H1F and it looks gorgeous on that also.

Tacklehappy: my mate has a DIY plating kit from Gateros which I borrowed, but it takes an absolute age to do nuts and bolts individually: the results are amazing, but will defo be sending the Zinc stuff to a commercial operation in future: its so cheap to have BZP or other passivate colours done.

McZed - having fitted new Dyna Coils, HT Leads, full carb rebuild, inlet rubbers, CCT, checked compression, timing, the entire wiring harness: etc etc - only real isssue turns out to be a breakdown of a coil and a defect / blockage in the throttle tube which was preventing full closure. That said - she is a very well sorted bike now :)

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mizztheman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MOT time - Z13 Lazarus is back from the dead !! 7 years 2 months ago #15490

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Congratulations, the bike will reward you tenfold once riding it.
Once you have done some riding, we would appreciate your comments on the sounds of the sport mufflers we supplied to you.

Best regs, Lauri
www.kawasaki1300parts.com

MOT time - Z13 Lazarus is back from the dead !! 7 years 2 months ago #15582

• dogfight
  • Thank you received: 2
Well done Kawboy. Gorgeous bike and that green is perfect for the KZ. I want the paint code too. Hope you didn't mix that up yourself but if you did, I'd buy a litre for my paint job from you.
Thanks again for the tip on my air box problem.
Tim.

MOT time - Z13 Lazarus is back from the dead !! 7 years 2 months ago #15606

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi all im new to this site
i was wondering if i may ask Phill what the shocks are on your Bike please
it looks like the paint on the green bike is a Candy apple primer/silver/colour dye then clear ?
or is it just 2k
Regards Dion

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds