• Page:

TOPIC:

Cleaning Tool and Brass Floats 7 years 3 months ago #15109

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
I have just received another run of The Cleaning Tool and am happy to announce a new price of $60.00us each. The price reduction reflects both lower material/parts costs and allowing the CNC shop the flexibility to machine the pieces at their scheduling convenience.

Also: Now have 5 sets of Brass Floats ready for mailing.

-A reminder - To expedite an order for Brass Floats and/or The Cleaning Tool I need your full name, full postal mailing address c/w Postal Code and your email so I can provide an accurate mailing cost and expedite the order. Incomplete info delays the process.

Thanks everyone ! Cheers, scotch
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cleaning Tool - "Quick Clean" 7 years 3 months ago #15121

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Disassembling the entire carb-bank is time consuming and for many - intimidating. If a minor varnish blockage or solid foreign material is suspected of causing an issue a "quick Cleaning" may be all that is required without the need to do a complete tear-down. Remove the carb-set to the bench and drain the bowls. For a "Quick Clean" the user has the option of leaving the idle-air needles as adjusted or closing them completely, flushing, and then opening them 4-5 turns to aid in sequentially flushing the idle and "transition" jets.
With the float-bowl drain plug removed, insert The Cleaning Tool into each venturi and flush with a full charge of lacquer-thinner 2X, minimum. Catch the waste fluid in a clean container to check for foreign material and varnish discoloration. Any solid foreign material that is flushed from the galleries and is small enough to pass back through the idle jet could remain in the fuel bowl and be picked up again during engine operation so it is important TO FLUSH THOROUGHLY to rinse-out the fuel bowls. With this in mind removing the fuel bowls is an additional option. If the bowls are left on, ensure any significant amount of residual cleaner is drained by tipping the carbs back and forth. Do not use compressed-air on assembled carbs to avoid potentially damaging the diaphragms. The few drops of residual lacquer-thinner that may remain in the circuits will be of no consequence. Reinstall the fuel-bowl drain plugs, re-adjust the idle-air screws if their settings were changed, re-mount the carbs and run engine. A successful "Quick Clean" will be evident immediately. If idle and/or transition is not satisfactory then the blockage is more severe and a complete disassembly and thorough cleaning is indicated.
If the carb.-bank is handled carefully a sync-adjustment may not be required but it's always a good practice to check the sync. when the carbs have been removed for any servicing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen, kiwirider

Cleaning Tool and Brass Floats 7 years 1 month ago #15608

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi my name is Dion, have just joined the site
some very interesting reading
can i ask if you still have the float kits and how much please
im at

ohauiti Rd
Hairini 3112
Tauranga
New Zealand
by chance would you know who sells the prengel petcock please
regards
Dion

Cleaning Tool and Brass Floats 7 years 1 month ago #15610

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
you may want to look at this topic link about fuel cock replacement as the one mentioned is supposed to just fit right in with no mods to tank and be vacuum operated as well

kz1300.com/index.php/forum/parts-bikes-f...y-fuel-petcock#15480

Cleaning Tool and Brass Floats 5 years 2 months ago #22757

• Templer
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi how can I find out the cost of the brass floats and brush and the postage to be sent to Australia can you get back to me by email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cleaning Tool and Brass Floats 5 years 2 months ago #22767

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
sent you a PM

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds