Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Carb O-ring kits? 7 years 7 months ago #14183

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Whatever works Raygun. I know that Homer01 tried to buy the seals from Hightech in Newmarket Ontario Canada and they wanted $200 for shipping and handling to Tamworth Australia. That's when I stepped in and offered to mail him the orings. Cost for mailing was $2.80 (peanuts). I think the last time I was at Hightech, I picked up enough for 10 sets Just for giggles.

Parker Hannifin (Canada) Parker (worldwide)is a good source. www.theoringstore.com/ (The oring Store LLC in United Stated is another who sells orings on line.

Anyway if you need some help with getting the orings, just send me a PM. It's not a big deal.
KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raygun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carb O-ring kits? 7 years 7 months ago #14203

• Raygun
  • Raygun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Kawboy wrote: Whatever works Raygun. I know that Homer01 tried to buy the seals from Hightech in Newmarket Ontario Canada and they wanted $200 for shipping and handling to Tamworth Australia. That's when I stepped in and offered to mail him the orings. Cost for mailing was $2.80 (peanuts). I think the last time I was at Hightech, I picked up enough for 10 sets Just for giggles.

Parker Hannifin (Canada) Parker (worldwide)is a good source. www.theoringstore.com/ (The oring Store LLC in United Stated is another who sells orings on line.

Anyway if you need some help with getting the orings, just send me a PM. It's not a big deal.
KB

Thank you very much. You gave me all the information I was looking for. I appreciate your help.
1982 KZ1300
2003 KLX400SR
1999 KDX220
Wife
Son
Daughter
Cat x 3

Carb O-ring kits? 7 years 6 months ago #14649

• Yaegunp
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32

tackelhappy wrote: I haven't posted on here for the last 2 months since a couple of our members think that some us more knowledgeable members who constantly post to help out are bunch of airheads who just want to hear ourselves talk on the site.
Forums like this one, as in a lot of social media attract the good and the bad, and sometimes, as you've noted , they bring out the worst in people.
However, sites like this one would soon peeter out if it wasn't for contributors like yourself. There is always only a handful of people who do most of the heavy lifting- the other 90% come/join, get what they need and then they are never heard from again.
I have learnt over the years that I have had to get a bit more thick skinned and let the abuse roll off - just post what I think and leave it at that. Alot of new comers need genuine help, even if the same questions come up over and over.
I personally have gained alot from your posts, so from where I'm standing, I hope you keep it up

DITTO!!!! :)
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Carb O-ring kits? 7 years 6 months ago #14650

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91

Ledkz1300 wrote: Yes the internet has spawned a new generation of assholes because its easy to be an asshole anonymously when no one can punch you in the face for it. :cheer:

I appreciate your posts kawboy. They've certainly helped me a lot. I've also stuck around after getting what I need to impart my meager store of information for those who may need it. I may not be 100% accurate but I try to help best I can. I appreciate how much this site has helped me so the only the I can do is try to help others in return.

I agree, and sometimes even if the answer to a question isn't quite right it may open up a thought process to a new line of thinking that will solve the issue.

Sometimes its best to walk away from a frustrating job for a couple of minutes and come back after letting your mind reset.

just my 2 cents worth

Carb O-ring kits? 7 years 6 months ago #14699

• dogfight
  • Thank you received: 2
Kawboy;
You rock man! If it wasn't for you and the other contributors on this site I for one would be totally screwed. I just got my 1300 and I'm learning to speak Kawasaki. I ordered the carb kits on line and I would have installed those O-rings and then had to do it all again if not for your advice. Many Thanks!
So illegitumus non tatum carborundum. (Don't let the bastards get you down.) Or as I once read on the back of a decrepid looking van "Some people find fault like there was a reward for it."
Dogfight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Carb O-ring kits? 7 years 6 months ago #14704

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

dogfight wrote: Kawboy;
You rock man! If it wasn't for you and the other contributors on this site I for one would be totally screwed. I just got my 1300 and I'm learning to speak Kawasaki. I ordered the carb kits on line and I would have installed those O-rings and then had to do it all again if not for your advice. Many Thanks!
So illegitumus non tatum carborundum. (Don't let the bastards get you down.) Or as I once read on the back of a decrepid looking van "Some people find fault like there was a reward for it."
Dogfight.

Thanks Bro. Just trying to help out any way I can. Appreciate the comment.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds