Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

A2 Z1300 resto in Oz 7 years 1 month ago #15560

• Tuckabag
  • Tuckabag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry double post for some reason.
1980 Z1300, 2006 SV650, 1956 BMW R25/3 resto project, 1999 Husky WR250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A2 Z1300 resto in Oz 7 years 1 month ago #15561

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Yes that is the hole. I is in a position so the seal sits just behind it and lets the line depressurize when you release the handle and closes off immediately as you pull the lever allowing the line to be pressurized by the piston pushing fluid through which in turn moves the caliper The other hole allows fresh fluid through as needed to compensate for pad wear.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuckabag

A2 Z1300 resto in Oz 7 years 1 month ago #15562

• Tuckabag
Cheers Rick. Appreciate the clarification!

A3 Z1300 resto in Oz 4 years 11 months ago #23901

• Tuckabag
Well....... after a 2 year hiatus, I have finally gotten some more work on BigBird done and am now inspired to actually try and get her finished off before next summer rolls around!

Rebuilt the carbs for the 2nd time as I ran contaminated fuel through her last time and gummed it back up again. She fired up straight away once they were back on which was a real relief!
Some video footage of her running here :

Also got the laser cutters to cut/fold some headlight ears for me, used some generic 41mm fork clamps to hold them in place. Disregard the angle of the light, once I relocated the loom to run through the correct hole in the headlight they sat at a much more respectable angle! I do need to make a bracket to attach to the bottom to support the headlight and prevent it moving around.

Forks rebuilt and re-installed as well so i can actually wheel it around now if needed.

Couple of quick questions :
1) Motor seemed a bit tappy. I didn't really run her up to temp, but is this something to worry about? Should I give her a few runs up to temp and see if everything frees up? Also, could the APE cam chain adjuster make her sound tappy if not adjusted properly?

2) Tacho is VERY slow to respond. It will move, but takes a few seconds to catch up. It has a new cable, what else can I do to free it up?

3) I pinched a loom that runs under the RH front of the engine that (I believe) feeds the oil pressure switch, temp switch and fuel gauge. The oil light doesnt come on now (since I pinched) it and the temp/fuel gauges both just go full scale. I believe that when I pinched the loom I've probably earthed out a common cable from all of these since they are fed by the 7V voltage regulator. Does that sound right? My thoughts were to cut open the loom where I pinched it and just replace the individual wires an inch or so each side of the pinch point?

4) Can the fuel level sensors be cleaned? Any thoughts on how to do it without damaging it?

Next step is replace front wheel bearings, rebuild front MC and calipers and get the front end back together 100%.
Then rear wheel bearings, rear caliper rebuild, rear MC rebuild (or replace), new tyres, pod filters and she should be pretty close to being ready to put on red plates.

Oh, I will probably need to either repair or replace the collectors and mufflers. Would really love a 6/1 but can't justify that at the moment. Any throughts on where I MAY be able find mufflers in Australia? Guess I could always rig up other mufflers to the std collectors?

Hopefully it doesn't take me another 2x years to get to that point!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds